Sunday, July 17, 2011

Less than a Week...

In less than a week and I will be flying down to San Antonio start my adventure of cooking, cleaning, serving and washing dishes for The Cadets! I asked my son about what he wanted me to bring for him when I come down. His immediate answer was "Nothing, I am good." His next answer, received a couple of days later, was "Candy, quarters and some money."  The third was received tonight and it listed a few more items: "Wright's Silver Creme, Softscrub with Bleach, microfiber cloths,  and... money". I sense a theme here. I have my list too:

Cooking stuff:
  1. Chefs Knives, Knife Roll, steel
  2. IR Thermometer (The Cadets already have Thermapens!)
  3. Thermocouple thermometer with long wired probe for calibration.
  4. A select few recipes, scaled to 200, just in case.
  5. Minor's Chicken Base
 Other stuff I think I will need:
  1. Large Tervis Tumbler with Lid and Straw
  2. Noise Cancelling Headphones
  3. Ear plugs
  4. Flash light
  5. Battery-powered camp fan
  6. Sunscreen
  7. Hats/bandanas
  8. Camera
  9. Laptop
  10. Plugs, cables, etc
I know this list will grow, and I have not even included the clothes I will bring. Based on the regions I am going and their recent temperatures (see last weeks temperature chart for San Antonio below), it will be shorts, t-shirts and a little rain gear.


Oh and money.

Uncle Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment