Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting Ready

I have been thinking about this trip for awhile. My wife recently returned from her trip out West. She visited friends and family and then joined The Cadets for about a week, traveling in California, Oregon and Washington. She had a great time, but being a light sleeper, her time sleeping on the volunteer RV was tough. Luckily, during her part of the tour, they only traveled about every other day.

I do not know what I must have been thinking about when Rudy (the tour manager) asked me to volunteer during the tour from San Antonio, TX to in Salem, VA. That particular part of the tour is tough, we will be traveling in mostly the southern states during late July and early August (HOT)! To add to that, we will be on the road almost every night. I am concerned that I will be able to sleep well on the moving RV. But hey, that is why Rudy asked because and he needed the help then, so that is what I am doing.

Here is a map of my portion of the Tour:


I am looking forward to my adventure, and hoping that I am able to do my part to help these incredibly hardworking young people succeed. They deserve it!

Uncle Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment